Thursday, April 23, 2009

Poem-Two Roses

Wave No.30 Dec. 13 1983

Two Roses

- S. Balakrishnan

Two Roses, majestic and in full bloom

From the lawns of Raj Bhawan

Stealthily did I pluck them

To add luster to my drab dungeon

See you in the morn

Goodnight for now, I kissed the duo

As the kettle whistled with bed tea

I remembered my mom’s recipe

Wow, two rose petals in a cup of tea

Well, the tired roses would anyway soon die

Tired and hungry after office routine

In the evening did I return and ….

Now, only the twigs remain

Full of thorn and leaves so green

Well, what do you think of me?

Am I a stupid goat to eat them too?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec. 10 1983 - 2nd Saturday. I visited my friend, Mr. P. Bhaskaran, in CRPF duty at Raj Bhawan. As I returned at 6 PM, I plucked two roses just in front of Raj Bhawan Secretariat. On the way, people looked questioningly - Roses for lover, eh? I put them in the bulb-turned-flower vase. He visited me on the 13th and asked about the roses - I showed him my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment