Thursday, April 23, 2009

Poem-The Outing

Wave No. 28 1983

The Outing

- S. Balakrishnan

The weather was superb, I mused

And, it would remain that, I knew too;

‘Cause, warned the weatherman,

It would rain cats and dogs

So I went on an outing

That was miserably memorable

Sweating up the hill with a burst tire

My knapsack was a total mess

Broken eggs, melted butter, wet matches

Bread and jam full with ants!

Self-pity overwhelming, as I slumped down

A bird shit on my head, a thorn pricked my bottom

As I opened the book ‘Stop worrying, start running’,

Weather prediction came true and it started raining

Need I to say that without thinking

I stopped worrying and started running!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provoked by the Hindi song “Oh, bemaan hai aaj mausam” broadcast by Vivid Bharati, Cuttack, in Nov. 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment